Which IQOS can we help you with?
Get started with your new IQOS ILUMA in few easy steps
1. Before you start using it, fully charge your device with a power adapter and charging cable (for about 135 minutes). Press the button on the IQOS ILUMA pocket charger to check the battery level. If the level is low, then charge it with the included power adapter.
2. Press and hold the Pocket Charger button for 4 seconds and release it. The lights indicating the status of the Pocket Charger and Holder will slowly turn on. Then check the status of the lights on your IQOS ILUMA Holder to see how many uses you have. Two lights means it is fully charged (ready for two uses). One light means it is ready for one use. No light means the holder needs to be recharged in the pocket charger.
3. Gently insert a SMARTCORE STICK™ as you see doing in the video. Autostart is activated immediately after the stick is inserted. If Autostart is disabled, you can press the button on the holder to begin the experience. One vibration and slowly pulsing lights mean the SMARTCORE STICK™ is warming up. Two vibrations and lights on mean it is ready for use.
4. When you feel two more vibrations, it means the experience is about to end (about 30 seconds or 2 puffs left). Remove the tobacco stick and remember to use a new one for your next experience. Also remember that one light means you still have one more experience left, so you will need to charge the holder and pocket charger after your next use.
5. When the holder is inside the pocket charger, two lights indicate its charging status. When the lights glow white, it means the holder is charging. One or two static lights on the pocket charger indicate how many uses you have left.
Charging your IQOS ILUMA
1. Before you start using IQOS ILUMA, fully charge the device with the power adapter and charging cable (about 135 minutes). Tap the button on the IQOS ILUMA pocket charger to check the battery level. If the bottom of the light strip flashes yellow 3 times, it means the battery is low. Charge the Pocket Charger with the original IQOS power adapter. If the battery has been fully discharged, it may take up to 20 minutes before it lights up. When the status bar is fully lit, the device is fully charged and can be used for up to 20 experiences.
2. Check the status lights on the IQOS ILUMA holder. Two white lights mean the holder is fully charged and ready for two uses. One light means there is only one use left. If the lower light flashes yellow 3 times, it means the holder needs to be recharged.
3. Remove the SMARTCORE STICK™ and insert the Holder into the Pocket Charger. The two white lights on the Pocket Charger indicate that the holder is charging and remain lit when one or two uses are available.
Advanced features and smart gestures
The IQOS ILUMA holder starts to preheat automatically after a SMARTCORE STICK™ is inserted. This function is available by default and can be turned off via the IQOS app.
Lifting up the holder when not engaged in an experience indicates the number of uses remaining, displaying one or two lights.
Simply double tap the holder during use and it will vibrate to indicate the percentage of experiences remaining:
3 vibrations: 75-50%
2 vibrations: 50-25%
1 vibration: < 25%
Got a question?
Find the answer in our FAQs.
Use our live chat
Chat to our IQOS Experts in real time. They’re available every day from 9AM to 8PM. Just give them a message and they’ll say hello within seconds.
We’re very social on our social media, so feel free to message us with any questions and we’ll get back to you in minutes.
Our Facebook Page
Send us an email
Write to us. Our inbox is never too full.
No question is too small
Your question might have already been asked before. Browse our FAQs to see if there’s an answer waiting for you.
Look through our FAQ
Request a call
Always in a rush? Avoid waiting and request a call from an IQOS expert at most convenient time for you.
Schedule an appointment
Give us a ring
Sometimes you just want to hear a
human voice. We get it. That’s why our
phone support line connects you directly
to an IQOS expert.
Get in touch